We’re thrilled to welcome back Car-Free Friday on June 2 from 8-10am — just in time for World Cycle Day. What is Car-Free Friday? It’s a celebration in active transportation. An opportunity to experience the joy of cycling, rolling, bussing, cruising to work without your car. Come down for free coffee & juice, enter our giveaway, receive bike repair demos, register your bike, talk to our many special guests.
- WHERE: Market Place by the Bike Repair Station
- WHEN: Friday, June 2nd, from 8-10am
- WHY: To encourage our members and others in the community to bike to work, or use another favourite form of active transportation or public transportation
FREE Coffee and Juice
- Revel will be on site with their beautiful coffee cart, handing out fair-trade coffee
- Bring-your-own mug for an extra ballot to our giveaway
- Free juice for those who do not drink coffee or prefer a cold drink (first come first serve)
- 30-day bus pass $70/value
- $25 Downtown Dollars to spend when you ride the bus downtown
- To enter, fill out a ballot when you show up on your bike (or preferred method)
- Bring-your-own mug and receive TWO ballots
- Ross’ Bike Works will be demonstrating how to use the Bike Repair Station
- Constable Darren Fischer will be providing FREE bike registration for the Project 529 program (in case your bike is lost or stolen)
- Bill James-Abra will be representing Climate Momentum
- City Counsellor Jo-Dee Burbach will represent Stratford’s ATAC (Active Transportation Advisory Committee) and Cycle Stratford and thank people for riding their bike
- Sadaf Ghalib, the Climate Change Programs Manager for City of Stratford will attend to thank people for using active transportation
- Michale Mousley, Manager of Transit, will attend to talk about our local transit system and why it’s important to ride the bus
We have three more dates after this one: July 14, August 11, September 8. Join us for all four dates!
June 3rd is World Cycle Day! The idea behind World Bicycle Day is to recognize the versatility and uniqueness of the bicycle, as well as its reliability and sustainability as a mode of transportation.